Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'll Be Right Beside You, Dear

Happy Valentines Day, Lovies!
This day has been sweet for many reasons. I have known my husband for 2314 days (although, only married for 1 year, 4 months) and I am more in love with more everyday. I love that it still feels like we're "playing house" and we can laugh about the stupidest things. We enjoyed our day by sleeping in, having lunch at one of our regular little spots and had to run errands before doing make-up for tomorrow's big photoshoot for Redbook Magazine (I will post details soon!).



We exchanged gifts.. I suprised my hubby with a book of guitar chords & tabs of Justin and my favorite songs (holy cow, was it hard to pick and choose!) and The Complete Poems of Walt Whitman. My Christmas gift to Justin was an acoustic guitar, so he has been playing around and I have been wanting to put a bunch of songs together for him, that I knew he'd love. He was pretty excited! Do you know what my sweet husband did for me? Aside from surprising me with some a huge bouquet of hydrangeas, a sweet card and strawberries, he wrote and played me a beautiful song on his guitar. What a sweet man I married!

"To me, every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle." - Whitman

Hydrangeas are always extra special.. They always remind me of when he proposed.

For dinner, we Justin had made resevations at our sentimental 'date place' - PF Changs. We have actually spent the last 3 Valentine's Day dinners at PF's, so it has sort of become our tradition. I love that. Dinner was fabulous, as usual. We headed back home for our berries, chocolate fondue & a bottle of Italian Moscato Spumpante called "Petalo Il Vino dell' Amore" (that we have been saving since our 6-month anniversary) and watched The Notebook. I didn't even have to talk him into it! Any guys reading this? Real men have seen The Notebook without complaining. So, if you haven't seen it.. You better get on that! As far as the Moscato Spumante goes - Probably the best I have ever had. Not sure if it was because we waited so long to open the dang bottle, or if it's just because it was that good.

Yummy Moscato Spumante


[Lyrics: Snow Patrol - "Run"]
xo

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails