Tuesday, October 26, 2010

2 Years of Marriage & 10 of My Favorite Moments

It's hard to believe Justin and I have been married for 2 YEARS.

Yesterday was our anniversary. 2 years seems like nothing.. but at the same time it seems like it's been way longer. He really makes me so happy. My best friend, my buddy, my love.

I know I talk about him all the time. In an older post, I talked about Our Wedding Story, how we met and dated long-distance for years. 5 years of dating is a pretty long time. Just last week, I couldn't believe that I have known him for a total of 7 years now. God couldn't have designed a better match for me.

To be honest, this year we knew we really couldn't do anything for our anniversary. For the last few months, we've been pumping ourselves up for a beach trip, since that's where we were married. Unfortunately, when we returned from MN (a month or so ago), we were slammed with a bunch of unexpected expenses. Poor Justin was still recovering from a busted toe and our plans changed. It has been far from easy. It's really humbling how much our friends and family have blessed us with support/encouragement. God always seems to keep us floating.. it's amazing.

So. Going to the beach was out. (It was even a little more OK, since my good friend Courtney's wedding was Saturday, and we would have missed it). We had no anniversary plans, until we received a card from my best friend (who I met in college), Marta. By the way, I am blown away by how many people remember our anniversary. I rarely even rememebr someone's birthday (thank you, Facebook). Even last year, aside from some sweet cards, Vanessa and Jon sent us a gift card to Bed Bath & Beyond so I could get a food processor. How thoughtful and generous!


Marta's card was so sweet! It had 2 old people on the front with sparkling clothes.. totally hysterical, totally Marta. Inside the card was the funnest letter, a beachy air freshener and 2 gift cards. One to P.F. Changs and one for Target. Are you kidding me? Of course I got a little teary. After everything we've been going through, we were able to celebrate our anniversary at one of our favorite date places.

I spent the day making our apartment sparkling clean, tracking down a loaner camera since mine's busted (thanks, Tiff!), and making a quick trip to Justin's work to sneak a little surprise starfish and card into his car. I even made it home with enough time to make one of his favorite childhood desserts - Funny Cake. He was pretty happy when he got home from his 10-hour workday! We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and just being together. 

The good ol' P.F. horse

Me and my cute hubby
We had the greatest evening, eating yumski food and remebering our wedding day by randomly telling eachother, "Hey! Exactly 2 years ago, we were walking down the aisle!" and "Hey! Exactly 2 years ago, we were dancing on the rooftop of the beach house!"  After dinner, we strolled over to Target to grab a movie to watch when we got home. Right before bed, I found a poem on my nightstand.. I read it and the moment with him was priceless. Even though it wasn't the beach, our anniversary was simply perfect. I honestly can't thank Marta enough for being so thoughtful and making it possible for us to celebrate our special day the way she did. I guess I'll just have to find a way to make it up to her in 4 weeks when she comes down to visit (wheeee!!!).

Jusssst because it's our anniversary...
Though it's practically impossible to narrow it down, I wanted to share 10 of my favorite moments since we've been married..
  1. The time we went on a cruise for our Honeymoon. Hundreds of memories there, but especially, the day we spent at Magen's Bay in St. Thomas.
  2. The time we decided to buy our first pet together - a Beta fish, whom we named Hercules. He lasted a good 6 months.
  3. The time he surprised me on my birthday with Romeo (our pup). I had NO idea he was searching  and talking to breeders. When he walked in with him, I thought I was gonna die.
  4. The time he surprised me with a weekend in Asheville for our 6-month anniversary. He booked a hotel and set everything up. We had the best weekend, walking around and spontaneously rocking out at an amazing concert.
  5. The time he asked me what I wanted to do one night, I told him I wanted to go to the beach and we got in the car and went. We watched the sunrise together and Romeo came too.
  6. The time we got a flat tire on our way home from the Midwest, and he comforted me while I practically had a nervous breakdown. We can laugh about that now..
  7. The time we waited outside of the Variety Playhouse (in the freezing rain) 5 hours before Imogen Heap's show. It was all worth it when we got to meet her (eeep!) and had the best view of the entire show.. AND the time we went to the Thrice and Brand New concert in Charlotte. I almost died in the mosh pit and I thought I broke my flipflop.
  8. The time we spent Christmas in Virginia with Justin's family. One of the nights I hung out with all the brothers and we all almost wet our pants laughing while playing a silly game.
  9. The time Justin wrote me a song for Valentine's Day. I cried.
  10. The time we went to see MUSE with my mom and sisters.

I can't imagine my life without him. I love him more than he will ever know!


xo

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you were able to document it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails