Monday, October 4, 2010

Soundtracks: I'm in the Mood for Fall

Fall is my Favorite!

With seasons and weather changing, I always seem to adjust my music preferences. I give you my top three Fallish soundtrack faves..

You already know that one of Justin and my favorite movies is Away We Go. The soundtrack made me fall in love with Alexi Murdoch all over again. I first heard his music when I was hooked on The O.C. and he was featured on a couple episodes. His voice is like melted butter. Often compared to [the late] Nick Drake, he is perfectly soothing.. basically like a hug for your ears (ha!). Away We Go wouldn't have been the same without him. Majority of the OST features Alexi, but also include a few others.

Away We Go
Check it Out
Featuring: Alexi Murdoch, George Harrison, The Stranglers, Bob Dylan and The Velvet Underground

I saw Garden State when it was in theaters, and didn't really love it. I did, however, love the music. I've seen it a couple more times since it came out and it's grown on me. The soundtrack is so perfect for fall.. it just seems to have the perfect tone. P.S. It was this soundtrack that I fell in love with Iron & Wine. To die for!

Garden State
Check It Out
Featuring: Coldplay, The Shins, Zero 7, Colin Hay, Cary Brothers, Remy Zero, Nick Drake, Thievery Corporation, Simon & Garfunkel, Iron & Wine, Frou Frou and Bonnie Somerville

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails