Thursday, November 4, 2010

Faith Brings Joy

How often do I wonder what God is trying to teach me? Wondering why or how I could possibly need to learn more patience, when I feel like I'm already being challenged every second of my life.. Why can't things go my way or go smoothly for just once? Why do I have to wait for answers? Why can't relationships and friendships be perfect and problem-free? Why should my friend try and try and try everything to have children, while a 15-year old druggie has no problem? Why couldn't my friend's spouse have been faithful and honest? Why do some men wait so long to propose? Why are some loved ones so unstable and unpredictable? Why can't there be more commitment and consistency and expectations met? Why are others so inconsiderate and self-centered, and get away with such repulsive behavior? Why do a million bad things have to happen all at once? Why do some people have to change for the bad?

It's been easy to come across such "relatable" photos that I seem to have collected over a while. Somehow I know that in all this mess, there's still hope and room to encourage and be encouraged.































It's not like I'm personally facing a crummy situation as I type this, but c'mon. I can't even count how many times I have felt completely hopeless and discouraged. I know God allows everything for a reason. For some things I look back on now, I can see what God was trying to teach me. It's amazing. It always seems to be the hardest to see God's plan while in the middle of the "storm" though. I just want answers now! I don't wanna wait! I really don't know what I would do without faith. I definitely wouldn't be here today.

Even recently, Justin and I have endured a fair amount of struggles and challenges. Jobs, unexpected battles, LIFE. I have felt encouraged and blessed by others, giving me strength to encourage and support my friends and family who have their own personal storms going on.

Obviously, I don't have any straight-up answers to my 'Why's'. I keep coming back to Romans 5 (and even more now, thanks to our discussion in Shepherding Group last night..) and the fact that faith brings joy.


Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. [Rom. 5:1-5]


xo

[Photos - weheartit]

1 comment:

  1. This has been my favorite blog thus far. Thank you, Alanna. Iheartyou.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails