Friday, December 2, 2011

Soundtracks: Drive

Justin and I saw Drive a couple weeks ago and it was definitely not what I expected. Well.. It kind of was, in that I expected it to not be a typical Ryan Gosling-ish kinda movie. I just didn't expect to love it as much as I did. We tend to enjoy a few of those movies out there that get the bad reviews for being so nontraditional or "weird".. Not sure why. Maybe because we make our own opinions based on expecting the movie to be pretty blah. He did fantastic in the role, as always. Ryan has always been one of our faves - What a doll!

The movie was pretty awesome and I definitely give huge credit to the soundtrack. The score was pretty simple, but something about it somehow added intensity to the film. Can't seem to get a few of the first songs off of repeat: Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx, Desire and College. I'm pretty into The Chromatics' track as well, with the remaining tracks as the score from the film, by Cliff Martinez. Honestly, the only song I could have done without is Riz Ortolani's "Oh My Love" - eugh, not a fan. Aside from a pretty sick soundtrack, Justin keeps trying to give me a list of reasons why he seriously wants and has to have the 'Scorpion Jacket'. So cute!


Drive
Featuring: Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx, Desire, College Feat. Electric Youth, Riz Ortolani Feat. Katyna Ranieri, The Chromatics and music by Cliff Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails