Sunday, December 19, 2010

Girl's Night In - Italian Soiree

Buon pomeriggio!

Despite all of the holiday craziness going on, I have been totally set on having a couple girls over for a Girl's Night In. It's been a while since I've planned one. In fact, the last time I actually hosted a Girl's Night was when I threw a French Party back in August 2009. 2009!!

So the planning began a couple weeks ago. I originally thought: chick flick & frozen pizzas. Buh. Since the French Party, I have been thinking about how fun it would be to host my next Girl's Night as an Italian Party. Hmm, only a year and 4 months later! My goal was to host a super inexpensive - yet super fabulous - party, with all of my closest girlfriends. I began to get my thoughts together, and of course I looked at all of my favorite blogs for inspiration.

I really wanted to do some fun colors.. Christmassy, yet Italiano.. I kept coming back to reds, golds & plums, which set me on mostly jewel tones. I originally thought "something small.. 5 or 6 girls", but then I way over-did it by inviting 26. Yikes! I knew it would be difficult to host a sit-down dinner in my tiny apartment, but I managed to make it all fit. I decided to make spaghetti & a couple sides, and all the girls brought something small to share.. wine, sides and desserts. 

For decor, I had already planned to make a fun, new garland and some tissue poms. Justin helped me hang everything, including loads twinkle lights. I created (with my friend, Erin) some Hollow Yarn Balls, a really adorable DIY project I found on {blog/site} called Wednesday.  For music, I found the cutest Italian artist from the 10's and 20's - Enrico Caruso - which totally set the mood. It all came together pretty well!

{Photo: Jennie Raff}
Sewn Garland I made with my friend, Erin (inspired by post found on TomKat Studio). Scalloped punch from Hobby Lobby.
Hollow Yarn Balls & Tissue Pom DIY here.

{Photo: Jennie Raff}
{Photo: Jennie Raff}



{Photo: Jennie Raff}


{Photo: Jennie Raff}
{Photo: Jennie Raff}
{Photo: Jennie Raff}
{Photo: Jennie Raff}
{Photo: Jennie Raff}

{Photo: Jennie Raff}

Mini ornaments found at Target
{Photo: Jennie Raff}
After dinner, the wine and limoncello continued to flow while we watched Letters to Juliet. It was totally crazy that not even one of us had seen it yet! The night couldn't have been more perfect. Buonanotte!


Additional Credits:
Specified Photos - Jennie Raff Photography
Name cards font - kevinandamanda.com



Music I'm listening to:
Enrico Caruso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails