Sunday, June 27, 2010

You Waited Since Lunch, It All Comes At Once

I haven't really written much about what's going on in my life these days.. Not sure why. I think I keep telling myself it's because "nothing crazy has really happened lately". I guess I don't always have to wait for a "did that just happen?!" moment. Last night, I had the wierdest, most realistic dream. So many shocking things "happened" to me and I even remember thinking (in my dream) how I couldn't wait to blog about it. Whatta wierdo.

Speaking of dreams, Justin and I are counting down the days until Inception comes out in theaters.

"Your mind is the scene of the crime"

If you haven't seen the trailer yet... Enjoy!


I have always been fascinated with dreams related to psychology. Especially in college, I wrote 2 or 3 papers on Lucid Dreaming. I'm not sure if this movie is exactly about lucid dreams, but I can't think of the last time I was this excited for a movie to be released. It's gonna be awesome.

Earlier this month, Justin's family came down to visit SC for a week. We had a really fun time - as always! We went to Folly Beach for 2 days and endured the 100+ degree weather, the guys watched the NBA Finals while Justin's little sis and I watched Lost - she had never seen it before, but is now completely hooked (Yay!). We hung out by the pool, played lots of Dutch Blitz and stayed up late. Our little apartment was packed with people, but it's always worth it!

The Fam (plus one!)

Our friends Marco & Michelle are expecting their little baby Ruby this August, and holy cow time has flown by since we found out! Michelle's first baby shower was last Thursday and I had a really fun time. We chatted and played games - including the common "taste the baby food and write down what you think it is" game..  One of the foods literally tasted like dirt. Oh my gosh, we were laughing pretty hard!


Work has been pretty good. I've been staying busy as summer has begun (began for me almost a month ago!). I have some pretty challenging clients, some more exhausting than others, but I'm enjoying it. I met with a new client I am going to start working with - a teenage girl - who I'm especially excited to start working with. Just the other day, my friend/co-worker Courtney and I took our kiddies to go see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I have to say, we were laughing harder than our kids were.. That has to be one of the funniest kid's movies I have ever seen. I always like to take advantage of the "Family Film Festival" that is held every year at our Regal theaters.. They show free kid's movies all summer at 10 am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, a new G and a PG choice every week. I had never heard of that back in the Midwest - then again, why would I inquire about seeing a kid's movie at 10 am without it being related to counseling and my job? Anyways, it's been a great tool for therapy. Something kinda crazy did happen while we were at Cloudy the other day. About halfway through the movie, I heard this strange noise in the row behind us. It almost sounded like someone was suffocating or gurgling? Of course I had to turn around to see what could possibly be happening, and make sure no one was dying. I couldn't believe it, but some older woman who was there with a bunch of kids, was head-back, mouth-completely-open snoaring. And I mean loud. Are you kidding me right now? I'm sure it was a nice little place for her morning nap - a dark room, reclining seats... the smell of popcorn? It began to grow pretty irriating after no one around her bothered to wake her or let her know of about the outrageous sound coming out of her mouth. Oh well. Courtney and I had a pretty good laugh.

Other than that, not a whole lot has been going on. My brother graduated from High School and I'm so proud of him!!

My baby brother is all grown up!

My cousin, Dominique Nelson did a fab job on his senior photos (she also took a bunch of great shots at our MN Wedding Reception). I'm beyond disappointed that I couldn't be at his graduation or grad party. I'll see him soon though, along with the rest of my fam, because I finally booked a flight for my sister, Vanessa's, Bridal Shower weekend this August! Wheeee!! I've already started to get plans in order for her lingerie/girl's shower.. I can't wait!

I suppose that's all for now..

xo



Totally loving The Fray ♥




["Inception" photo source - imdb]
[Lyrics: Vampire Weekend - White Sky]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails