Sunday, May 1, 2011

Change is Gonna Come..

To be perfectly honest, I'm already getting a little emotional as I type this. I don't even know how to type this.

It's crazy to think that I have lived here in Greenville for over 4 years now (Justin, over 5). I can't believe how many memories and experiences we've been a part of.. new friends.. getting married.. fun travels.. parties.. friends having babies.. the list goes on. Justin and I have considered moving back to the Midwest - specifically Minnesota - for a really long time now, but actually doing it has started to become more of a reality to us. It makes my stomach drop just thinking about leaving Greenville, our friends, Justin's brothers (& more family in VA) and our fantastic church. We haven't really shared this with many people, since nothing has been "set in stone".

Truth is, we're ready to see what God has for us next. We would really love to actually settle down. We'd love a family of our own, and we absolutely can't imagine life without our parents and families. I think aside from leaving the amazing friends we have here, the hardest part for me has been realizing extreme differences in the weather. I hate the cold. It felt so good to leave the cold. How could I possibly go back and survive? Justin keeps saying to me, "Babe. What's more important.. Family or weather??" Ha.

We have been weighing pro's and con's of everything.. including the timing and opportunities that we've been given. It's been so encouraging to feel support from those who already know, despite how difficult it is to leave our lives here. It's all been happening so quick, but it's happening and I have to keep trusting that God has a plan. So far, things have been working out, timing-wise, and plans have begun. I'm scared and excited at the same time.

Like I said, it's been really difficult for me to talk about moving, because I get so stinkin' emotional. We wish we could sit down and share this with each of our friends who have been a special part of our lives, but obviously it's hard. Not like everyone I know reads this little blog either, but it at least feels good to put it out there (ha.).



So.. I'm sad. But, a part of me is excited too. That's all for now.


xo

[Photo - weheartit]

2 comments:

  1. You'll make it through girl! Change is always tough, but family is the number one most important thing aside from God's specific calling on your life. You guys as a couple will make a new place, find your new niche, and I'm sure still throw your awesome parties all the time! haha. I have been blessed to know you and have a friendship this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I have all the words. I'm so thankful to the Lord for the friendship He's given us. You're like a sister to me. We can be totally real with each other and we laugh at the most awesomely off the wall things. We can even get annoyed with each other and know we're gonna love each other anyway. I just love ya. Just lots. Just tons and tons. There just hasn't been enough time. Well, that's the selfish part of me talking that doesn't want you to go. But here's the reality: I know it's looking like it's the Lord's will for you to move near your family and I know that He's going to lead us all and take really good care of us. I'm gonna miss you. A real lot. We need to start planning our trips to visit each other. Like now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails