Saturday, July 31, 2010

Soundtracks: The Twilight Saga

As obsessed as I am with music - finding new and enjoying old - I have come up with a list of my all-time favorite soundtrack albums. For me, it was impossible to narrow it down to 5 or even 10. I'm pretty sure my list of faves includes more than 30. Lame? Uhh..no way! Amazing mixes, scores and featured artists.. And what's a movie (or TV show) without the music?

I want to share each of my top picks - complete albums that I adore from beginning to end. So without overwhelming myself or anyone else, I plan to spread them out (in no particular order) over the next several months.

To begin this lil' journey of albums I heart, I had to start with Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. If you've been following this, you know I'm not an obsessive/screaming/ball-my-eyes-out Twilight fan, but I do enjoy the books and the movies. I seriously cannot get enough of these compilations! SO GOOD!

The Twilight Saga: Twilight
Featuring: MUSE, The Black Ghosts, Linkin Park, MuteMath, Perry Farrell, Collective Soul, Paramore, Blue Foundation, Rob Pattinson, Iron & Wine, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and The APM Orchestra


The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Featuring: Death Cab for Cutie, Band of Skulls, Thom Yorke, Lykke Li, The Killers, Anya Marina, MUSE, Bon Iver & St. Vincent, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Hurricane Bells, Sea Wolf, OK Go, Grizzly Bear, Editors, Alexandre Desplat, Lupe Fiasco, The Magic Numbers & Amadou & Mariam, and The APM Orchestra


The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Featuring: Metric, MUSE, The Bravery, Florence + The Machine, Sia, Fanfarlo, The Black Keys, The Dead Weather, Beck & Bat for Lashes, Vampire Weekend, UNKLE, Eastern Conference Champions, Band of Horses, Cee Lo Green, Howard Shore, Mimi, Battles and Bombay Bicycle Club


I can't post this without giving a shoutout to my mum! She started reading the Saga before I even did, and when the first soundtrack came out, I'd like to say it transformed my little mom into a music machine! I think she'd give her left arm to meet MUSE in person, and I can admit I probably would too! Oh momma, I love you and your newfound, amazing taste in music!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails