Tuesday, March 22, 2011

DIY: Anthropologie-Inspired Garland

It doesn't take a ding-dong to know that I love garland. I've done so many different kinds for parties, that I feel it's hard to come up with new/original ideas. Thanks to my friend Jody, we designed a whole new fantastic garland for the recent Anthropologie-inspired bridal shower I decorated for. Using twine, cardstock, vellum and LOTS of ribbon and lace (and time!), we created two super shabby-chic garlands.

Paper Garland

Found this fabulous shabby-inspired cardstock book at Michaels for 50% off
I used my both my 2 5/16 round punch, and my scalloped 1.5" for a variety of size
After we layered and double-hole-punched them all, my friend, Jody came up with the brilliant idea to cut in by each scallop, in order to give the paper a more "frilly look"


We decided to bend the pieces out to enhance the whole mood of shabby-chic-vintage-etc.
The final garland...

In the pattern we had created, I tied a small strip of lace onto each of the doubled-cream pieces... So cute!



Ribbon Garland

I found lots of fantastic ribbon and lace at Michaels, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby and Hancock Fabrics
Inspired by a DIY I found at The Sweetest Occasion
SO EASY! Braided and knotted yarn, braided lace, braided ribbon and single strands of ribbon

Perfect for a small space or above a doorway!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails