Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Soundtracks: Happy Little Tunes

My list of favorite soundtracks continues...

I remember the first time I saw Dan in Real Life.. I remember thinking, Start it over! I wanna watch it again! It's one of the cutest movies, with an absolutely amazing soundtrack! Most of the music is done by Sondre Lerche and his voice goes hand-in-hand with the tone and overall feel of the movie. This one always puts me in a good mood, for sure.

Dan in Real Life
Featuring: Sondre Lerche, Regina Spektor and A Fine Frenzy


I really wasn't sure what to think of Where The Wild Things Are when it first came out in theaters. I know it's crazy, but I never read it when I was a kid. Honestly, when I first saw a trailer for it, I was creeped out by the big, weird-looking animal things and I didn't wanna give myself nightmares. Justin and I finally watched it when it came out to rent and I think I liked the soundtrack even more than the movie! Karen O from Yeah Yeah Yeahs composed the entire soundtrack with Carter Burwell and a group of kiddies. Even the song "All Is Love" was nominated for a Grammy as 'Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media'. I thought it was done really well. 


Where The Wild Things Are
Featuring: Karen O and The Kids

xo

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about Dan in Real Life. Especially Ruthie Pigface Draper.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails